Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Lettings Officer - Brent council
Wembley (Contract) £15 - £16 / Hour
Lettings Officer - Brent council - Wembley, Greater London
General purpose of the role:
Providing an effective administrative support for the Division in accordance with BHP’s procedures, standards, performance targets and customer satisfaction.
To undertake visits of vacant properties and garages with prospective tenants and undertake a tenancy / garage sign up process.
To undertake efficient voids administration tasks across all areas of the voids service. Principal accountabilities:
1. Assist in carrying out all related housing management functions.
2. Supporting Managers in providing information as necessary.
3. Responding to telephone and email enquiries for Neighbourhood Services, in a professional and quality manner, at all times, in accordance with BHP’s standards, and targets.
4. Being responsible for incoming and outgoing post for Neighbourhood Services, including the use of the computerised logging system to allocate work to the staff.
5. Assist with the management and control of keys relating to void properties and garages.
6. Assist officers with duties that will assist in the management customers’ needs. Service Performance
7. Processing the letting of vacant properties and garages within the borough efficiently and effectively in accordance with Brent Housing Partnership’s agreed procedures and legislative requirements and maintaining comprehensive records.
8. Liaising with Housing Needs, Contractors, prospective tenants and other agencies as necessary, to resolve tenancy issues and progress the letting of properties and garages with the minimum of delay to meet targets.
9. Maintaining up to date knowledge of housing management practice and all relevant Council and Housing Management Service procedures in relation to the management of void properties.
Experience Demonstrable experience of working in a housing discipline or similar setting dealing with vacant property management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Ability to work as a team within a pressurised environment. Ability to prioritise own workload and manage ever changing demands
Ability to make timely and effective decisions P.C. Literate with ability to use Microsoft Office Applications
Working knowledge of First Housing or other computerised housing package
Broad understanding of Housing Legislation
Knowledge of Housing Management issues and problems
Educational & Professional Qualifications Administrative and literacy to GCSE/BTEC level or demonstrable ability to operate at this level
Demonstrable ability in numeracy
Style & Behaviour Team player: contributing to and working together to achieve results.
Communicating: Able to share information, ideas and arguments with a variety of audiences and in a political context. Focusing on results: Able to work proactively and take responsibility for getting things done Influencing others: Able to influence the behaviour of others, plan their approaches and communicate clearly using a variety of techniques.