Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Community Safety Officer
Derby (Full Time, Permanent) £20,661 - £24,964 / Year
Community Safety Officer - Derby, Derbyshire,
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service have an exciting opportunity for a Community Safety Officer to join their growing team based in Derby, Derbyshire.
Job Title: Community Safety Officer
Location: Kingsway Fire Station, Derby, DE22 3LY
Salary: £20,661 – £24,964 per annum (pro rata)
Job Type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract in line with funding - 30 hours per week
Working as part of the Prevention & Inclusion department, the main purpose of the role is to provide community safety advice to the public. We are looking for someone with previous experience in community associated initiatives and complex case work.
As our Community Safety Officer, you will be required to undertake school, partnership and group talks centered on the service fire prevention strategy, develop links with local partner agencies, give guidance to householders on how to reduce the risk of fire and carry out safe and well checks, which may involve the fitting of smoke alarms where necessary.
There will be occasions where you will be required to work with people who are vulnerable and may be living, for a variety of reasons, in conditions that place them at high risk to their health, safety and wellbeing. A non-judgmental, compassionate and open minded approach will therefore be a requisite characteristic of the successful candidate.
Community Safety Officer - You:
- An understanding of health and wellbeing initiatives and Safeguarding is essential to the role alongside the workings of external agencies and the services they provide
- You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have past experience of presenting information to a wide variety of audiences including working with multi-agency settings
- You will be required to prepare reports and you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of a performance monitoring system
- All applicants must have a valid driving licence
- The successful applicant will be required to work in Derby City but may at times be asked to travel around the County to meet service demands (pool car provided from Kingsway Fire Station)
The normal working week is 30 hours, however you may occasionally need to work beyond normal office hours. In return we offer flexible working hours, family friendly policies, childcare vouchers, free car parking, health & wellbeing services, discount scheme and eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
A basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be requested for the successful applicant. Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will also be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
The closing date for completed applications is Midnight on Thursday 1st March 2018 and interviews will be held in the week commencing 15th March 2018.
To submit your application for this Community Safety Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our careers page.