Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
- Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
- Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
- Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
|Senior Support Worker
Semington (Full Time, Permanent)
Senior Support Worker - Semington, Wiltshire
Senior Support Worker
Learning Disabilities – Residential Home
£9.44 per hour
Are you currently an experienced Support Worker and looking for progression?
Do you have experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities / mental health needs?
Maybe this is the job that you have been waiting for………!!!
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Support Worker, working for a family run business.
Our client provides Residential Care and Supported Living options across Wiltshire to individuals who have a moderate to severe Learning Disability, Mental Health diagnosis / disorders and complex emotional and behavioural needs.
Adopting the principles of Positive Behaviour Support, our client uses a person-centred approach to design and implement short and long-term intervention and support strategies to minimise and manage challenging behaviour
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to work at our client’s residential service based in Semington, Trowbridge. As a Senior Support Worker, you will under the supervision of a Manager assist in the safe and efficient delivery of support and care to individuals in the home, their relatives and friends and provide flexible support services within the home as required.
The service is a small residential service for adults, with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex needs both emotional and behavioural (autistic tendencies, epilepsy, sensory impairments, communication difficulties and severe learning disabilities).
The service is based in the village of Semington, there is a regular bus service to Trowbridge, Bath, Devizes and Melksham.
Duties and responsibilities for a Senior Support Worker:
• Develop and maintain the skills of the individual supported by encouraging and involving them in day to day activities, participating in activities chosen by the individual and enhancing community networks
• Facilitate and support the person to make all decisions affecting their life
• Support the individual to maintain their health and general wellbeing
• Support with personal care as required
• Administer medication according to procedure
• Assist the individuals with the management of their finances and in accordance with the service procedure
• Support to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the individuals where required
• Assist in the general administration of the service, including updating daily notes, communication book, incident and accident forms etc
• Liaise with outside agencies i.e. psychiatrists, care managers, psychologists, community nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, SALTs and any other relevant professionals.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures and to assist in developing, monitoring and implementing them
• Receive regular, formal supervision and undertake training as required and to contribute towards the induction of new staff members
• Attend monthly staff meetings and regular meetings with the management team
• Ensure care plans have meaningful and achievable goals.
• Work in line with the company’s adult protection and prevention of abuse policy and whistle blowing policy to ensure that people are kept safe at all times.
• Be flexible and responsive at all times to meet the changing needs of the service and the person supported.
• When driving people supported in vehicles ensure that all risk assessments are followed and that any faults/ damage to the vehicles are reported. And to undertake daily/ weekly checks of the vehicles.
• Ability to understand (through oral or written communication) a simple set of instructions, and if necessary, relay to others in the team
• Good communicator and listener
• Literate, with basic numerical ability
• Cheerful, outgoing personality
• Interested in the care and welfare of others, motivated and committed
• Accessible, approachable by and comfortable with persons supported
• Able to handle difficult situations with empathy and consideration
• Retains confidential information
• Reliable and honest
• Has received training in manual handling, and has started (or completed) NVQ 2 in Care
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Support Worker, please email your cv immediately quoting MB – Senior Support Worker - TROWBRIDGE and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application.